University of Alaska Anchorage
Now that you're admitted...
New Student Checklist
Work through each of the following processes to prepare for the first day of classes!
- Access your UAOnline Account
is an important resource you’ll use often during your time at UAA. Using UAOnline, you can:
- Update your contact information and set a preferred email address
- Print your official enrollment verification
- Monitor your degree progress using DegreeWorks
- Request an official transcript or view your unofficial transcripts
- Register for classes
- Review semester charges and make payments
- Apply for graduation
To access your UAOnline account for the first time:
- Choose Option 3 to find your username and ID number.
- Enter your birth date, last name and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Click “Go ELMO!”
- Provide at least five pieces of information from the provided options. Then click “Confirm.”
- Choose your desired level of account security and establish three security questions. Click “OK.”
- Your username and ID number will be displayed on the left side of the page.
- Set your password on the right side of the page.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before logging into UAOnline.
7u彩票网址If you’re having trouble setting up or accessing your UAOnline account, contact IT Services at 907-786-4646.
- Submit Final Transcripts
Send in your final high school transcript by July 1, 20197u彩票网址. Your admission is not complete and you cannot receive financial aid until these documents have been submitted. If you have earned college credit, please ask the college to send an official transcript as soon as your grades are posted.
- Apply for Financial Aid
Your decision to pursue a degree at UAA is a great investment in your future. The Office of Financial Aid is here to help make sure you maximize the opportunities and resources that are available to you when it comes to funding your education. Your first step is to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is required to apply for all federal, state, and need-based institutional aid.
Applying for Financial Aid:
Step 1: Submit a FAFSA at .
- Obtain a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.
- Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and to electronically sign your federal student aid documents.
- Gather the documents you’ll need to apply.
- Review the Federal Student Aid webpage for specific information about required documents:
List the UAA school code (011462) on the FAFSA, and UAA will automatically receive an electronic copy. UAA requires access to a current, valid FAFSA in order to process any of your financial aid.
Helpful Hint: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) is a convenient tool that is built into the FAFSA application and allows students and parents who filed a U.S tax return with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to access IRS tax return information and transfer the data directly into the FAFSA.
Step 2: Follow up on your application by tracking its progress.
- Check your UAOnline “Financial Aid” tab regularly.
- If you are required to submit additional documentation to the UAA Office of Financial Aid, do so as soon as possible to prevent delay in awarding. If you submit the required documents by July 15, UAA guarantees your financial aid will be processed by the payment deadline.
- Monitor your UAA correspondence. The Office of Financial Aid will communicate with
you via email and UAOnline.
Alaska residents should complete the FAFSA by June 30 in order to maintain eligibility for the Alaska Performance Scholarship and the Alaska Education Grant.
- Obtain a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.
- Take Placement Exams
Placement exams are designed to help determine the right math and writing classes for you. Connect with a first-year advisor to discuss which placement exams you need to take.
- Register for Howl Days New Student OrientationRegister for and attend Howl Days New Student Orientation. Orientation sessions are available Saturday, April 20th through Friday, August 23rd.
7u彩票网址At orientation, you will:
- Connect with your First Year Advisor.
- Register for your summer and/or fall 2019 classes!
- Make new friends (meet new and current students, faculty and staff.)
- Learn how to get engaged on campus.
- Tour UAA, and much more!
Orientation is FREE for incoming students, with a small charge for guests. Some orientation sessions are designed for specific groups of students. Check out these special sessions to see which one is the best fit for you. Sign up to reserve your spot at orientation using your university student ID number.
- Apply for HousingAt UAA, you have the opportunity to embrace the full college experience and enjoy the beauty of Alaska by living on campus. The main campus at UAA features an amazing residential community with a variety of housing and dining options, a free shuttle service to help you get around campus and an amazing staff committed to ensuring your success and well-being.
Apply to Live on Campus
To live on campus, you must complete the online Housing Application. Space is assigned on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so be sure to submit your application as early as possible.
- Log in to UAOnline and select the “Campus Housing and Dining and Post Office” link under the “Student Services and Account Information” section.
- Select “UAA Campus Housing and Dining,” click on the “Applications & Forms” dropdown at the top of the page and choose the correct application.
- Carefully review the Housing Agreement and sign at the bottom with your mouse or your finger if you’re using a touchscreen.
- Click “Continue” and answer the Personal Information questions.
- Click “Continue” and add your Living Requests.
- Under “Request Type” choose “Room Preferences” and rate your room type preferences on a scale of one through eight, with your one being your first choice.
- Click “Continue” and you’ll be taken to the payment portal where you can pay the $60 application fee and the $300 refundable deposit. Please note, your application is not complete until you have submitted these payments.
- Your application is complete—you will receive a confirmation email once University
Housing has processed your application (usually within seven days).
Interested in living off campus? For information about housing options, laws, and utilities in Anchorage, see the Guide to Living Off Campus.
- Order TextbooksOnce you’ve registered for classes, prepare for the first day by collecting the textbooks and supplies you’ll need for the semester. The UAA Campus Bookstore provides an online list detailing which books you’ll need for each of your courses. For convenience, you can preorder your textbooks and pick them up in the two weeks leading up to the first day of classes.
- Helpful Hint: At the end of the semester, you can sell your books back to the bookstore for cash if you don’t need them anymore, so don’t get rid of them!
The UAA Campus Bookstore also sells school supplies, Seawolf apparel and school spirit items. Check out everything they have to offer when you’re on campus!
- Purchase a Parking Permit
While classes are in session, UAA enforces parking permits and meters Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. Fire lanes, ADA accessible spaces, residential housing lots and other marked spaces and areas are enforced 24/7. UAA Parking Services offers a variety of parking permits, including:
- Hourly Parking Permits: Short-term parking permits are available for $2.00 per hour. You may purchase parking time either from Pay’n’Park machines in University lots, purchasing scratch-off permits at the Parking Services office, or using the Passport Pay by Phone app available in your phone’s app store or at ppprk.com/park.
- Annual or Semester Parking Permits: Parking Services offers a variety of semester or annual parking permits to suit your individual needs. You can purchase your permit online at .
Helpful Hint: 7u彩票网址Parking Services offers a sizable early-bird discount, so keep an eye on the website for specific dates and buy your permit early!
- Obtain a WolfCard Student ID
Your WOLFcard is an official campus identification card with your picture and UA ID number printed on it. You will use your WOLFcard to:
- Use Consortium Library resources and check out books
- Rent outdoor equipment from the Student Union Gear Room
- Ride the People Mover public transportation system for free*
- Enjoy movies, concerts and athletic events at the UAA student rate
- Use workout facilities in the Wells Fargo Sports Complex and Alaska Airlines Center*
- Pay for services on campus like printing and copying.
*Some services are available only to students taking a specified minimum number of creditsYour WOLFcard also holds your WOLFbucks account and, if you are living in the Residence Halls, your WOLFcard functions as your Dining Dollars account and room key.
You can get your WOLFcard at either the University Center (UC) or the Consortium Library Main Circulation Desk. You can pick up your WOLFcard one week before classes start or any time thereafter. You cannot get your WOLFcard printed earlier than the week leading up to the first day of classes. For more information about WOLFcard benefits and policies, see .
7u彩票网址WOLFbucks is an online debit account run through your WOLFcard. This account allows you to conveniently make purchases around campus. Using WOLFbucks, you can:
- Purchase items at the Campus Bookstore
- Buy meals at University dining locations
- Print from stations in campus computer labs
- Use copiers in the Consortium Library
7u彩票网址There are several ways to deposit money to your WOLFbucks account:
- Visit one of the six Value Transfer Stations installed on campus.
- Visit the WOLFcard Office located in the University Center.
- Deposit online at .
- Pay Your Bill
UAA sends billing statements to your UAA email account or the preferred email address that you indicated in UAOnline. You can check your student account in UAOnline at any time to find your account details, payment history, tax documents and account holds. Keep an eye on the website to view the most current payment deadlines.
How to Pay
- Online: You can pay online using a credit or debit card through UAOnline or the Tuition Management System (TMS) Student Account Center. Please note that these payments will include a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% of the payment amount ($3 minimum). You can avoid the service fee by paying with a Web Check (ACH), a free service that allows you to pay using your checking or savings account. To pay via Web Check, you will need to provide your bank routing number and account number.
- In Person: You may submit payments by cash, check or money order in person to UAA Cashiering, located in the University Center, 3901 Old Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99503.
- Mail: You may mail payments by check or money order to UAA Cashiering, 3211 Providence Dr, Anchorage, AK 99508. Be sure to include your name and student ID number to ensure that the correct account is credited.
7u彩票网址The University of Alaska Anchorage takes its’ responsibility to ensure health and safety seriously. UAA is committed to providing an academic environment where everyone can live, study, work and have fun safely. Title IX 7u彩票网址: Sex and Gender Based Discrimination module is an online educational training tool that provides information about sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking and sexual harassment. All UAA students are required to complete this training module each year.
- Log in to UAOnline and under the “Student Services and Account Information” tab, select “Student 7u彩票网址.”
- Select "Title IX 7u彩票网址: Sex and Gender Based Discrimination".
You can start and stop the training as necessary. In total, the training takes roughly 1-2 hours to complete. You must complete this training by a specified date to avoid a hold on your account, which would prevent you from registering for classes for the next semester. You will receive reminders about the training and the deadline will be advertised around campus. You should not, however, finish the training before July 1, otherwise it will not count toward the following academic year.
- Download the Seawolf Tracks Mobile App
7u彩票网址Download UAA’s student success mobile app, Seawolf Tracks, to schedule appointments with your advisor, manage your course schedule, view holds on your student account, explore campus resources and more from the convenience of your cell phone. Download the app by searching “Navigate Student” in the App Store or Google Play, then log in with the same username and password you use for UAOnline.
- Explore Campus Resources
The main UAA campus is just minutes from downtown Anchorage and the beautiful mountain ranges of the Chugach National Forest State Park. As Alaska’s largest university, UAA hosts amazing programs and events and offers endless opportunities for you to get involved in local, national and international activities.
UAA offers a variety of services and resources to promote academic and personal success and wellbeing. In addition, a number resources are available to provide services related to academics, support and advocacy, health, safety, and cultural engagement.
New Student Guide